Re: [TowerTalk] Counterpoise / raised ground radial adjustment method

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Counterpoise / raised ground radial adjustment method
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 08:47:40 -0700
On 8/26/2013 3:10 PM, Jon Suehiro wrote:
If buried radials, the max length I can stretch is probably 30 feet in
limited direction. This is not effective enough to cover the low bands.

Don't overlook the possibility of a ground screen using galvanized fencing or hardware cloth. Rob Sherwood did that in CO and wrote about it in Ham Radio about 30 years ago. There are details of how to do it on my website in the piece about getting on 160M from a city lot. http://k9yc.com/publish.htm

73, Jim K9YC