Re: [TowerTalk] rotating delta loop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rotating delta loop
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:24:21 -0400
What is your quad's boom length?  I just modeled a 4el yagi with a 32'
boom at 75' which is a simple antenna to build and install. The gain, over
ground, is 14dBi.

John KK9A

To:     towertalk@contesting.com
From:    Brian Alsop <alsopb@nc.rr.com>
Date:    Fri, 30 Aug 2013 13:47:39 +0000

I had a four element GEM quad (second director to reflector spacing
element spacing on 20M ~22'). I modeled it in EZNEC.

With ground reflection gain, it came in about 15 dbi on 20M.

Subtract about 6db or ground reflection gain and it becomes 9 dbi.
Subtract 2.2 db and it becomes 5.8 dBd.

So something like the quoted 11.5 dBd is a reasonable number if it
includes ground reflection gain.

73 de Brian/K3KO