Re: [TowerTalk] HyTower vs other verticals

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HyTower vs other verticals
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 16:02:29 -0500
AMEN Robert! As I roof mounted my HT on a 40 year old metal barn that has survived tornado alley its whole life except for the two 14x14 doors being blown off, I chose to give it a 4-way Phillystran guy at the top of the tower section rather than build a rooftop structure strong and stiff enough to let it free stand. I don't know how much wind it will survive now but it should be more than 75MPH and if it should fail I am pretty sure it will be the round aluminum tubing above the triangular tower section that folds and most likely at the point where the largest diameter tube exits the triangular tower part. The tubing should be imminently replaceable if that happens. I'm not sure how much wind the tower section will take safely with the guys I have on it but it should be significantly above the county's 70MPH standard listing.

I have a a very good long time friend who has 35+ years of hands on mechanical engineering experience who visits me for a week or two each year and who demands I have projects for him to work on. The custom HT install was one of those.

I too have the 160 meter kit, the one with the 40M trap and long piece of aluminum coated steel wire. Mine needs tuning as well. We can't do everything first, can we?

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: r miles