Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and antenna decisions

To: steve jobes <w1dxh@aol.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and antenna decisions
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 15:11:21 -0600
Same here Rick...just went over my SWR graphs on the old T6 I just took down.
20m is the worst case scenario with almost 2:1 SWR at the bottom of the band,
and decreasing as you tune up.  Every other band the SWR is below about 1.8,
and in some cases (17m-all, 15m-all, and all of the SSB part of 10m) it is
below 1.5.  This was measured looking into about 120 feet of Buryflex coax.  It
is also  important to note that the T6 is the smallest of the Tennadyne logs
and has the worst SWR of the line.  The bigger you get, the lower/flatter it
gets.

So I guess it depends what you consider "mediocre"...for the cost difference
between a T6 and a SteppIR you could buy an amplifier.  I'd rather have the amp
:-)

Chris
KF7P