[TowerTalk] Bundling of tower coax and control lines

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bundling of tower coax and control lines
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 00:51:50 -0700
The subject of bundling tower coax with a spiral/twist type material was
recently mentioned. I cannot seem to find it.

I would like to bundle my coax and other cables, hanging from coax arms, to
protect them from UV rays. My QTH is high desert, almost 5000 ft elevation
and control lines on other towers are starting to be affected. I used non
UV resistant cables that I had on hand at the time,

Does anyone have leads to locate some of this UV resistant material? I've
seen this type of material for indoor cables, in 6 - 8 ft lengths. I'm
hoping someone makes long lengths, 50 ft or so and of different diameters.

Just a thought, has anyone successfully used large diameter black water
drip line for this? Seems to cover 2 RG8 size coax cables, a #12/2 copper
line and a 3/8" control line would require at least a 1" diameter line.

Tnx,

Ray, N6VR
Chino Valley, AZ