Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Rust & paint

To: towertalk@contesting.com, bmarx@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Rust & paint
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 10:04:39 -0500 (EST)
>  I have used both, and for me in the salt atmosphere I live  in, the
Rustoleum Cold Galvanizing seems to work better. I used the reformer  on
outdoor furniture and rust came through the paint. I used the cold
galvanizing on tower sections, and after two years it looks gray with no
rust showing through. It lo0oks the same as when I put it on.

    In my experience, spray cold galvanizing is  a matter of you get what
you pay for. The cheaper cold galvs tend to run  and the zinc doesn't go on
uniformly. Rustoleum tends to be in the less  expensive group.

    Good cold galv sprays such as LPS and more  commercially oriented ones
such as PreLube are more expensive but a better  coating.

    And I really don't like the Hammerite - I've found  that it tends to
flake off with little provocation.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH