Re: [TowerTalk] Pentrox

To: "TT TowerTalk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pentrox
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 09:45:06 -0600
Dissolve the "junk." IF it is a couple aluminum tubes telescoping then...

Stand the tubes vertically with the smaller diameter tube on top. Form a lump of modeling clay around the larger diameter tube just below the overlap point. Now you can pour in your favorite solvent and immerse the joint. If your favorite solvent dissolves the modeling clay then use silicone caulk instead of clay. Patience is required as you need to wait for the caulk to set-up. You must learn patience... PATIENCE... AND JUST HOW %^*&I *(& long will that take.

Anyway this will let you immerse the joint in your favorite or candidate solvent or solvent cocktail.

Heating and or cooling the joint may help. Alternating hot and cold helps in some instances.

I would add a couple different brands of penetrating oil to Gary's list (reproduced below.)

Oh, and Diet Coke doesn't leave a gooey sugar residue.

Patrick NJ5G

-----Original Message----- From: GARY HUBER