Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott
From: Richard Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 17:50:56 -0800
On 2013-12-19 13:07, dave arruzza wrote:
To all...
I have a Tennadyne T10 that recently has started to slip on the mast.
No matter how much I tighten the clamps slippage eventually returns
and then I am off the bearing the rotor displays.

Tennadyne markets the Slipp-Nott. Does anyone on the reflector have
real world experience using this item. Does it really work?

73
Dave
W1CTN
Radio Ansonia

The concept of Slipp-Nott seems good until you try to use it.
So called "2 inch" masts actually vary somewhat in diameter
depending on galvanizing, etc.  You might get a snug fit if
you are lucky, but you might not be lucky.  OTOH, I have to
hammer my Slipp-Nott onto the mast because it is too tight.
Being too tight is just a bad as being loose in terms of
gripping power.  Neither the mast nor the Slipp-Nott is
machined to precision tolerances.

Thus it might work well in some installations, and not in others.
I know that it is not good enough to keep my MonstIR from slipping.
It doesn't fit my Texas towers mast very well, because it has
heavy galvanizing.  As the saying goes, YMMV.

Rick N6RK