Re: [TowerTalk] Conrete Costs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Conrete Costs
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 20:10:15 -0500
Definitely too much compare to what I did here.  Concrete locally today is
about $150 a yard.  A truck holds 7 - 10 yards.  If you are using half a
truck or more, they will wait for you to haul.  I had a full truckload and
the truck was there for 2 1/2 hours total and charged me an extra $150 in
wait time.  We hauled the concrete up with a bobcat with a good sized
bucket, it seemed to be about 1/3 yard of concrete per bucket.  The run was
about 175ft up a 40 deg incline to a ridgetop.  Then there was from 30 to
150 ft to the holes.

Bobcats and small backhoes are about $80 - $90 an hour.  $300 in Bobcat and
$150 in wait time got 10 yards poured in about 2.5 hours.  There was a
second run of about 5 yards the next day to finish it off.

The holes took one day for 8 holes for 2 guyed towers of a smaller tracked
backhoe.  That was $1000.

Ed  N1UR