Re: [TowerTalk] Raising Towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raising Towers
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:58:23 -0800
On 12/26/13 10:41 AM, Hector Garcia,XE2K wrote:
Some very interesting ideas, very ingenious and a lot to avoid
I got scare with his double braid rope as lanyard @200ft tower

Well, if you're raising it in your (big) backyard, and you're aware of the risks, then you can use dental floss if you think it will work.

not FAA lights on 200ft towers?
That would be a problem.. Maybe his "200 foot" tower is actually 199 ft, 6", and exempt.

those bungee cords as insulators or for  tension ?
I'm thinking some sort of shock absorption.

the anchor in the wash
no insulators in the guy wires.

if the guy doesn't happen to be "the wrong length", then there's no particular reason for insulators (unless you're feeding the tower as the radiator)

some good things to use  and some ones to avoid  from my point of view
be safe