Re: [TowerTalk] Raising Towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raising Towers
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 06:19:27 -0600
* On 2013 26 Dec 23:02 -0600, Jim Lux wrote:
> No kidding.. 85 and climbing a 200 foot tower; he's doing something right.

I get the impression that he's not climbing any longer.  The time line I
was able to gather, the ranch with the pictures in question was bought
sometime in the early '90s, maybe '93 or so and it was sold ten years
later and at 80, his wife decided he shouldn't be climbing 200' towers
any longer and they moved to town.

Go to:

http://w7yrv.blogspot.com/2013/10/dream-fulfilled-roys-antenna-farm.html

and scroll down a ways.

OTOH, His QRZ.com bio argues that the antenna farm was in place from '98
to '08 and that he is 85 now.

The time frame and his current age don't really matter.  What matters is
that he was able to fulfill his amateur radio dream, which is more than
I, or many others, will do in our lifetimes.

73, de Nate >>