Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation (was Concrete Prices)

To: Marsh Stewart <marsh@ka5m.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation (was Concrete Prices)
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 12:16:41 -0500
The one thing I would point out is that while manual labor is cheap - maybe
$10/hour - the contractors real costs to do your job are opportunity costs.  If
the time required to dig your hole by hand means that he can only do one job in
the time he might normally take to do 2 or 3, then the fair price for your job
is the normal margin PLUS the net margin on the additional jobs he might have
done instead.

That's, of course, assumg there is no great scarcity of work for masons in your
area.

Al
AB2ZY