[TowerTalk] Fwd: Tower base

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Tower base
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 21:59:25 -0500 (EST)
Correct, it is a Universal Aluminum tower. Self-supporting it should be able to
take up to 85 mph wind. With the guyes it is able to take 135 mph, something
that made it easier to convince the local authority to give me the permit. (No,
I am not planning to take the guy wires down, at least not permanently.)

The bolts holding the angular irons onto the granite plate are "through hole',
there is a bolt head with a large washer underneath the granite block/slab. I
put a pile of cement right underneath the spot there the bolts stick through,
just to reduce the corrosion risk. I don't know if it will work. Many, in the
far future, time will tell. (I hope not the be around at that time.)

Hans - N2JFS