Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Welding Rebar

To: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Welding Rebar
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 13:50:24 -0500
I think we all have a  few OMG or WTF regarding tower/antenna   installation
and upkeep

Field  Day.  are a prime example of  Elmer's rule ( If it did not fall down it
was not big enough or high enough )

I personally know of a statin that had 5 towers 4 100' & 1 80'  guyed with 3/16
ehs three levels on the 100' and two levels on the 80
all with mono band beams  one being a full size 40 meter beam and there  were
screw in anchor's and NO  I repeat NO concrete
anywhere . the bases being Rohn 25 hinge  plates   bolted to 2' X 3' steel
plate and a three or four rebar's 1/2 dia pounded in the soft wet ground.. last
for many many many years

  YMMV

 Wayne W3EA