Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: screw anchors (was Welding Rebar)

To: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: screw anchors (was Welding Rebar)
From: David Blake <dhblake@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 06:05:04 -0800 (PST)
I put up a 50ft Rohn 25G tower in 1971 using used 25G sections.  I bought Rohn
screw in anchors and used no concrete, but a Rohn BP25 baseplate (no longer
sold).  Took
this tower down in1987 everything looked FB, no rust.  It
had held a light TA33 with 40 meter conversion kit without any problems.  I
then moved to Ohio and reused the tower and anchors until 2010.  Again, the
anchors look just fine.  Recently put the same 25G back up but added a few
sections and put 5 feet in a 4 X 4 X 5 hole with concrete.  Top is now at 73
feet and guyed at  34 and 64 feet using the same anchors.  Again no sign of
rust.  Do you ever see anchors put in by cable, electric or telephone companies
using concrete, or see them replacing anchors routinely?

73
Dave -N4DB-