Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Screw Anchor removal

To: David Blake <dhblake@yahoo.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Screw Anchor removal
From: Tom Nicholson <Gunsrus1942@Comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 17:36:33 -0500
Thanks for the quick reply & as I thought, there has to be a mechanical "advantage" employed!!! Hence the 4' pipe.
Thanks again.

Tom W1ALZ

On 1/7/2014 5:22 PM, David Blake wrote:
Not too difficult, just starting a screw --  I use a 4 foot
long pipe thru the eye and start turning.  They actually
go in easier than you would think.  Of course as it gets
deeper it becomes more difficult, thus the 4 foot pipe for
some leverage.  You end up waking around and around
but the job has never taken more than a few minutes.

Where I have put them in Virginia there has been rock
and generally I have been lucky to be able to get by them
except one time when I just restarted the anchor 6 inches
further away.

In Ohio my soil had little rock and the anchor just went
right down.

73
Dave -N4DB-