Re: [TowerTalk] Base equivalent

To: "Mike Reublin NF4L" <nf4l@comcast.net>, "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Base equivalent
From: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 21:53:48 -0500
A ham in Florida (which has a high water table) just had a big hole dug for his tower. The company used what is called a well point. It is defined here

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/well-point

well·point
[wel-point] Show IPA
noun Engineering, Building Trades.
a perforated tube driven into the ground to collect water from the surrounding area so that it can be pumped away, as to prevent an excavation from filling with ground water.

Here are some pictures of what was done...the well point is used to pump away the water so the hole doesn't fill with water

You can see the well point set up around the hole to keep the water at bay

http://www.7163net.com/k8xs/New/k8xs.html

Mark N1UK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Reublin NF4L" <nf4l@comcast.net>