[TowerTalk] Using drip tubing in conduit, was: Drain Pipe Passing Thru

To: n0tt1@juno.com, patrick_g@windstream.net, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using drip tubing in conduit, was: Drain Pipe Passing Thru Tower Foundation
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:44:27 -0800
On 1/15/2014 9:15 AM, n0tt1@juno.com wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:31:48 -0600 "Patrick Greenlee"
<patrick_g@windstream.net> writes:
I am currently getting ready to pull a few 3/4 inch drip tubing runs
through
some 4 inch pvc used as conduit. This is to carry some cables, coax,
etc.

I have had no luck pulling cables through drip tubing due to
the following problems:

1.  The tubing is shipped coiled up, and doesn't want to relax.
This isn't a problem in the original application because water
pressure will straighten it out.  When you try to repurpose it,
you have a big problem.  It wants to kink.

2.  Attempting to force it to be straight by putting it in a
4 inch conduit does not prevent it from kinking.

3.  The friction is high enough that runs cannot be more than
50 feet or so.

4.  Because the tubing is limp, you really need to slide the
tubing over the wires, rather than vice versa.  Even this
doesn't work over more than 50 feet.

Can anyone explain to me how to get this tubing to actually work
as mini conduit?

Rick N6RK