[TowerTalk] Tower Base Removal

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Removal
From: Mike VE3YF <Mike@ve3yf.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 17:38:20 -0500
Hi:
I need to have a hole for my new tower 6' x 6' x 7.5' deep. Due to limited lot size that I live in, and mainly to keep peace in the family, I am looking at removing my old tower base 4' x 4' x 5' deep and it contains no re-bar, just tower base stubs. I can't remember what grade of concrete it is, but it is about 14 years old. I am limited to 2 types of removal, crane and Armstrong method. The crane company won't make any guarantee's they can complete the job due to complications etc, and want a hefty payment up front. I am now looking at having a young guy come by and use a Jackhammer to do the job. Has anyone tried demolishing their old tower base and how long did it take any problems etc. Since this undertaking is new to me I am open to suggestions and or comments and hopefully some good suggestions.

Thanks...

73 De Mike
VE3YF

http://www.ve3yf.com/