Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Removal

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Removal
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 17:09:56 -0700

I suspect that it would be very difficult to remove the old foundation with a crane. You're looking at roughly 3 cubic yards of concrete weighing roughly 10,000 pounds (not to mention whatever drag/suction there might be), and I can't imagine the tower base stubs being enough to lift that sucker out of the ground even if you thought it would hold together since it doesn't have any rebar in it. If it needs to come out I think your only recourse is to somehow break it up ... jackhammer, expansion goop (don't remember what it's called), or dynamite.

Good luck es 73,
Dave   AB7E