Re: [TowerTalk] Saltwater Ground Connection

To: k2xx@swva.net, TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Saltwater Ground Connection
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:26:39 -0800
I used two resonant elevated radials, about 18" above the sand and 5' from high tide at TX5D for 20 ->10. That worked super well. Stay within 1/4WL of the water and it will work. IMO no direct connection to salt water is needed, but if you do connect, only the top few inches matter for RF.

Grant KZ1W