Re: [TowerTalk] Need help identifying HyGain antenna (Trap Traveller rot

To: "Roger \(K8RI\) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need help identifying HyGain antenna (Trap Traveller rotatable tri band dipole)
From: "Jim Pruitt" <wa7duy@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:34:29 -0800
Found it,  thanks to a friend.

It was found in a 1960 Allied Catalog and was called the Hygain model TDK Trap-Traveller Micro Dipole. I have the scan of the page but the page number got chopped off. If I read the Allied listing correctly, it was $9.95 without the pair of T-3 traps and must have been without the model UB (Universal Base) so it would have cost $34.85 complete? Anyway I did find it. I can find no info on the web about it though so it must not have been very popular. I sure liked it and kept me occupied in my dorm room at that time.

Thank you for the help.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT"