[TowerTalk] Need help identifying HyGain antenna (Trap Traveler rotatabl

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need help identifying HyGain antenna (Trap Traveler rotatable tri band dipole)
From: "Jim Pruitt" <wa7duy@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 12:51:27 -0800
I need help in identifying the model number/nomenclature for an antenna that I bought in 1967. The antenna was made by HyGain in the late 50's or early 60's. I thought I remembered it being called the HyGain trap traveler rotatable dipole. It was for 20/15/10 and looked like the driven element of a TH3JR on a 3 foot mast that had a clamp for fitting over a window sill and hanging out a window. It was intended as a portable antenna and perhaps to be used from hotel rooms and similar places I think.

Google has not helped me with this one. Does anyone remember this antenna and might be able to tell me what it was called or the model number?

I need to know what kind of plastic was used for the insulators and the plastic that was used to cover the traps so that I may repair them.

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY