Re: [TowerTalk] MA-550 cables maintenance

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MA-550 cables maintenance
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 11:43:00 -0700
Jorge,

I became owner of a MA770 that had not been raise or lowered in perhaps 10
years. I found most of the cable pulley roller bearings frozen. I removed
all the bearings and soaked them an ultra-sound bath device using kerosene.
Most of the bearing cleaned up well and were reused, but several had to be
replaced. I think the bearings are Fifnir K8 bearings and are difficult to
find.

Make sure the lifting cables are not damaged or rusted. If so, they need to
be replaced. And check the up/down limit switches. The ones on my MA770
were totally frozen and had to be replaced.

GL,

Ray.
N6VR