Re: [TowerTalk] multiple antennas on same tower

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] multiple antennas on same tower
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:59:56 -0600
Jorge,

I took a six element 15 design I had and put three of them with 50 foot spacing
in EZNEC Pro.

In free space the SWR was as follows, driving all three:

21.000. 1.035
21.225. 1.028
21.450. 1.290

The free space gain at 21.200 was 15.65 dBi and front to back 39.02 dB.

Then I put three more down six feet from the first three and turned them 75
degrees and just drove the original stack of three.

The SWR was:

21.000 1.45
21.225. 1.49
21.450. 1.95

The free space gain at 21.200 was 14.15 dBi and the front to back with a skewed
pattern was 19.95 dB.

Different antennas may react differently - better or worse and obviously there
could be something done to improve the detrimental interaction.  You will
definitely see a difference when you go from EU to USA but you will be putting
up a lot of antennas to have the overall performance degraded by enough that I
would not do it.

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad