Re: [TowerTalk] Mast Wall Thickness

To: Chris Pinholster <k4win@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast Wall Thickness
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 06:14:16 -0600
I have no idea what the strength is but I have a 2 inch (3/8 wall) x 24 foot
mast with about 15 feet out of tower and 9 feet inside tower at a location that
has been installed for 39 years.  It has had a 4 element 20 up 7.5 feet on the
mast and a 4 element 15 at the top all that time.  For 35 of those years it
also had a short 2 element 40 just above the tower. The mast is quite heavy
with a 3/8" wall, but I'm convinced based on its longevity it is pretty strong.

However, I have no idea how to equate 3/8 wall out of tower by 15 feet as
compared to 1/4 inch wall out of tower by 10 feet nor do I know what you are
planning to put on it.

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad