Re: [TowerTalk] LMR 400 Response from DAVIS RF

To: Stephen Davis <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR 400 Response from DAVIS RF
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 14:22:02 -0400
On 3/16/2014 Stephen Davis wrote:
...snip...
> Albeit, even Commscope (Andrew Heliax
> is part of Commscope)  have cables made in China, as does Times, but
> in both of those cases those mfrs are quite on top of quality control.

This is an important statement.  I know someone who is/was involved in machine
tools from China.  He says "You can get real good stuff, you can get real junk,
all out of the same factory.  They WILL, if you ask, and PAY for it, do great
work, with great inspection, but then it costs about 90% or so what making the
same part in the US/Japan etc costs"

<snip>
> Jim,  thank you for mentioning the merits of Bury-Flex Tm, which
> has been an extremely popular product now sold by almost all the
> dealers  (HRO, AES, Universal, etc).

Love the Bury-Flex.  All my HF outdoor stuff is Bury-flex (my 2m/440 stick is
9913F7, but is well pre when I'd heard of Bury-Flex - circa 2002)

The Only think I'd possibly put in instead (for either set) would be Heliax,
but then again, I like overkill and the mechanical properties.  For my total of
150ft for either set of antennas, there wouldn't be much signal difference, but
then again, in the grand scheme of things, the cost isn't that different either
(even if, say it's $2/foot more, for a total of 300 ft, it's $600)

--
Charlie
www.baysidephoto.com

---