Re: [TowerTalk] First Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] First Tower
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 15:30:15 -0400
I don't know how old you are, but I was 57 when I put up my first tower, and in reasonable shape, but with very little upper body strength. I chose my antennas for light weight, but I can testify to a few exciting moments when Mr. Newton's Laws of Motion tried to take over.

If you anchor your tram far enough from the tower and orient the boom and elements correctly, you don't need very much clearance over the top guys to get it up successfully

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.