Re: [TowerTalk] 75 or 70 Ohm twinlead or ladderline cable - does it exis

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75 or 70 Ohm twinlead or ladderline cable - does it exist?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:42:43 -0700
On 3/25/2014 3:53 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
Perhaps for AWG 16 magnet wire or something.. but for AWG24, it's about 100 ohms (e.g. Cat 5 is specified at 100 ± 15 ohms)

Jim,

I was specifically thinking of beefy copper, #10 or #12. I've measured 12-2 THHN stranded twisted pair at roughly 55 ohms. Twisted pair used for audio is the the range of 70 ohms.

With respect to Steve's loss measurements -- that correlates reasonably well with Belden's data for their 8210 72 ohm "kilowatt twin lead," which shows very low loss (better than RG8/213) at low frequencies, but rising compared to that coax above 14 MHz.

73, Jim K9YC