Re: [TowerTalk] TIC Potentiometer

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC Potentiometer
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 08:27:50 -0600
Seems to happen less in dry environments like out west etc.

I'll accept that. I have had 1 TIC ring up for 20 years, and the other for 10 years. Never had an issue with moisture in the pots. OTOH, lightning is what fries my pots. I found a few Bourne 500 ohm pots at a hamfest a few years ago. Bought them all. Good insurance. No lightning issues since then.

This has been a very interesting and informative set of threads. I can also say I have had no issues with slippage in a very long time, either. However, the 20 year old ring is showing rust on the spring and rollers. Only a matter of time...

73,
Steve, N2IC