Re: [TowerTalk] TIC Potentiometer

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC Potentiometer
From: Fred Sanborn <cc-6569@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 22:17:46 -0500
I just realized we have 2 TIC Potentiometer threads going here on TT. My TIC ring is a model 1122E manufactured 11/05. I bought it unused still in original packaging in 2012. It was up without issue for a year until I had a lightning strike that damaged the original pot. The replacement pot only lasted about 6 months after a cold wet winter here in N. IL.

The Alfa SPID rotor has several magnets mounted on a large gear that is driven by a smaller gear on the motor shaft. Each magnet swipes the magnetic reed switch mounted on a nearby bracket giving multiple pulses per revolution of the larger gear. My SPID gives one pulse per degree of rotation while some give 2 pulses per degree according to the RT-21 manual. The TIC motor / direction assy I have is very similar and that is what I had envisioned to try and implement. I would need to know how many ring rotor degrees there are per revolution of the larger gear that drives the pot.

    73,  Fred  KG9X