Re: [TowerTalk] Routing Ladder with Parallel Coax?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Routing Ladder with Parallel Coax?
From: W4LDE <w4lde@numail.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 10:32:03 -0400
Tony,

How far is it from your rig to the entrance point? How high in frequency do you wish to go?

On HF you can run a short distance with coax and then use a 1:1 or 4:1 balum at the outside side of the entrance point. The loss will be very little depending on the distance and HF freq.

I have used the parallel coax but with shields tied together at both ends as a pass through a thick basement wall. I didn't use that method for a long distance since I was concerned that it might be more unbalanced than balanced. Hope other will chime in.

73 de
Ron W4LDE