Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Delta 240 2 Elem 40M Yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Delta 240 2 Elem 40M Yagi
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:31:01 -0500
I had a Delta 240 which I changed out to a Delta 240/230.

Its mounted 5' above a F12 C31XR tribander.

The combo works just great.  Highly recommended.

Pictures on qrz.com

Rich - N5ZC

On 4/10/2014 5:59 PM, Marsh Stewart wrote:
  Does anyone have a Force 12 Delta 240 up in the air in use? If so, how does
it play?

  According to the Assembly Manual sent to me by Force 12:

(1) The weight of the antenna with boom - approx 40 lbs
(2) "Unlike other 40 meter dipoles and Yagis, it does not resonate on the
third harmonic (15 meters)."  "The Delta 240 can be placed within about 1
meter of other HF dipoles and Yagis, without destructive interaction. If you
have a tribander, such as a C-3, C-19XR, C-31XR, or a 5-band Yagi such as
the incredible XR-5, the Delta 240 can be placed within a few feet on the
same mast."

Does anyone have a Force 12 Delta 240 mounted close to a tribander? Any
interaction on 15M that you can tell?

Marsh, KA5M