Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Delta 240 2 Elem 40M Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Delta 240 2 Elem 40M Yagi
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 15:44:57 -0500
I have installed the linear loaded F12 40 M antenna. Tried to keep it up for
a couple of years before trashing it and buying the CC XM240.

No amount of work seemed be enough to keep the F12 antenna up.  I even hired
a crane a twice to come out and lift me up to try to get it to tune
properly, never worked even close to what is advertised.  The linear loading
wires broke several times too.  The antenna was junk in my opinion...and
this is coming from a tried and true F12 advocate. I still have the C3 up
for 15 years and works like a champ. The XM240 is a winner, put it up and it
works!

Bill W5VX