[TowerTalk] Grounding System Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding System Question
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:48:11 -0400
All:

My crank-up tower is located a few feet from the house and each leg is attached to a ground rod that's about a foot or so away from the foundation.

I'd like to add 3 more rods in a radial pattern to help "divert" a potential lightning strike away from the house. The grounds can't be positioned 360 degrees around the tower due to it's close proximity to the house so I'm not sure how critical that is.

Any suggestions on this subject as well as rod spacing and copper strap size would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tony