[TowerTalk] 10ga insulated copperweld for sale

To: "reflector -tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>, <antennas@qth.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 10ga insulated copperweld for sale
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:52:23 +0000
I have 4 rolls of 2500' each of IMSA Spec 28-3 10ga insulated copperweld for
sale.  This stuff has really tough hdpe insulation and about 1200# breaking
strength.  This is the only wire I will use here for Beverages, Inverted
V's, wire verticals, and Inverted L's.  In almost 30 years of using this
stuff I have had one corner of an inverted L fail from flexing despite big
ice and wind storms, bears flossing with the Beverages, and a moose ripping
a Beverage down after breaking the ropes from both ends.   WARNING, never
let go of the ends, this stuff has spring even after being in the air under
tension for 20+ years.

This stuff used to be available from Clifford of Vt and other places but has
been declared obsolete and is not being produced any more, I had to order
15kft to get it made to order.

Cost is $527/roll picked up here.  It is on wood rolls now about 18"
diameter.  Shipping is possible, but will be expensive as each roll is over
90# and I'm not sure if they will need to be boxed. the boxes they arrived
in were totally trashed by UPS.

Dealers welcome.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail:  <mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net> mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web:  <http://wiki.k1ttt.net/> http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or  <telnet://k1ttt.net/> telnet://k1ttt.net