Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Myths?

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Myths?
From: Brian Amos <bamos1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 22:21:08 -0600
Thanks for the advice.  I think my best course will be to test the
soil conductivity.  The only time we have lightening here is during
the summer storms; the soil is usually damp from the sprinklers all
summer so it's probably better with no concrete.  Does anyone know the
conductivity of concrete offhand? I guess I could always ask google,
although it probably depends on the aggregate.  Local aggregate has a
pretty high iron content and I expect would conduct fairly well,
unless the paste is a good insulator.

Brian
KF7OVD