[TowerTalk] Tuning Fan Dipoles?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tuning Fan Dipoles?
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 16:46:16 -0400
All:

I decided to forgo the ladder line doublet and try a coax-fed fan dipole for 80, 60, 40 and 30 meters. I have two trees to work with (30 and 50 feet tall) so I can't spread the wires out in different directions. I figured I'd use PVC or some other lightweight material to spread the wires.

I suspect that the biggest challenge is trying to bring each dipole into resonance so any suggestions to would be much appreciated. My guess is that you would start with the 80 meter dipole cut for the lowest portion of the band and then trim to resonance as you add each dipole.

I predict the process may take some time so it's probably best if I can borrow an antenna analyzer.

Thanks

Tony