Re: [TowerTalk] ROHN TOWER BOLTS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ROHN TOWER BOLTS
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 07:41:50 -0400
Larry is correct in that both the 25 and 45 use different size bolts and if my memory serves me, this would be 4 different sizes in the case of these two tower types. I have never seen washers used with these. It is noteworthy, that should you be putting tower sections up, to be ABSOLUTELY sure that the legs are clear inside. Run a garden hose through the leg to be sure there is no blockage, or even push a ground rod through each one for example. I can't tell you how many times I have found blockage in the legs...dirt, mud, bugs, etc. And while on the subject, occasionally found that the blockage was TOWER BOLTS that were packed in the legs by the manufacturer which had never been found/removed. -Mike

-----Original Message----- From: Larry