Re: [TowerTalk] SS galling revisited

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SS galling revisited
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 08:31:05 -0500
Jim, I have the marine Never-Seez which I got from HRO (I think, or was it DXE??? I don't remember) It has no copper listed in its ingredients but is highly touted for use in marine environment. IT works for me. It is hard to use without getting it all over at least your hands but will wash off with good soap like the orange stuff.

I have a 4 inch threaded connection to errect a 10 ft pole with winch for lowering my Hy-Gain Hy-Tower Both the female and male threaded ends are exposed to the weather atop a barn. A generous application of the marine Never-Seez and the threads are rust free and ready for assembly/dis-assembly iterations as I play antenna experimenter. Similarly I lubed the threads of a couple carabiners that stay out in the weather all the time as a part of my ladder safety structure. They remain free for opening and closing by hand with no tools, a convenience when standing on a ladder.

73,

Patrick NJ5G