Re: [TowerTalk] Relay Recommendations

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Relay Recommendations
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 01:03:58 -0400
On 5/9/2014 5:41 PM, Matt wrote:
I would appreciate recommendations for general purpose SPDT relays that can
be used reliably for RF antenna switching duty - it is not a hot switching
application.  I am aware that the DC & 60hz AC ratings are not necessarily
indicative of RF performance..  any experience out there?

How about isolation"? Multi op, or more like SO2R. Multi antennas at QRO, or just a lot of remote switching? The 6-Pack is for SO2R and just runs open frame relays. For that kind of service most open frame relays will work, as in the MFJ and other remote antenna switches. I have mine set up to ground unused connectors.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Thanks in advance.

Matt