Re: [TowerTalk] SS galling revisited

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SS galling revisited
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 17:43:09 -0400
Hi Patrick,

I'm on the Gulf coast of Florida and I'm surrounded on three sides by salt water. I use Bostik brand Never Sees 'Regular Grade' lubricant http://www.bostik-us.com/sites/default/files/NSRegular.pdf on the SS fasteners on my tower and antennas - specifically because it's noted in their literature as being beneficial for use in salt water environments. I've only used the product for a couple of years now, so as of yet, I don't have much of a track record with it. Its major ingredients are grease with graphite, copper flake, aluminum powder and zinc oxide. Does it contain some amount of Molybdenum disulfide? It's not called out in this product's ingredients list, so I'm not sure if trace amounts do exist.

Of note: both the 'Blue Moly' http://www.bostik-us.com/sites/default/files/NSBlueMoly.pdf and 'Black Moly' http://www.bostik-us.com/sites/default/files/NSBlackMoly.pdf lubricants contain Molybdenum disulfide.

Along with the products listed above, there are also formulations for Marine, High Temp Stainless, High Temp Stainless Nuclear Grade and a few others at http://www.bostik-us.com/market-products/product-assembly/mro/products/

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com