Re: [TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex
From: <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 03:22:42 +0000
 > If you use the perforated drain pipe, bury it deep enough so that
> anything heavy on the drive will not collapse the pipe.

I would like to add that some perforated drain pipes
are not very strong...might be schedule 20.  If using that, be sure
to backfill equally on all sides of the pipe, leaving no voids.  If
you don't, the overburden will have a tentendency to crush the
pipe over time.  (All that from experience.)  I like to use sand
until it's level with the top of the pipe, then sparingly wash it
in with water.  Finish the backfill with whatever soil is available.

73,
Charlie, N0TT

/snip/