Re: [TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 22:39:08 -0400
Thanks Roger,

Here is what Steve had to say: "Yes, although Bury-Flex Tm is excellent for permanent installation in water or salt water, thru ice is an issue."

Right now I just lay the coax on the ground as this is a 2nd home and I roll it up when I am not here. I will probably just use the 1" PVC and bury it enough to protect it from foot traffic, gardening spades, weed-whackers, etc. If it fails after a few years it will be easy to replace as I am only talking about a run of 40'. And if it fails I will obviously have to use a more robust method the next time. All of this is outside -- both ends will be just the coax with no protection needed as it will be either on a mast or on the side of the house and into my box full of Polyphasers.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

-----Original Message----- From: Roger (K8RI) on TT