[TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 15:00:32 -0400
Hi all,

I am running Davis Bury-Flex out to a new 40M vertical in my back yard.  (Maine
coast.)  As it is going across gravel walkways and near garden beds, and will
not be that far below ground level, I am worried about it getting cut or nicked
in the future from yard work, etc.

My plan is to use 1” sched 40 PVC conduit – the gray stuff – for protection.
(I will not be adding additional coax, wires, etc., ever, so this should be big
enough.)

My Concern:  the conduit will obviously become full of water – will freeze
cycles and the expansion of ice inside the conduit compress and therefore
damage the  Bury-Flex in any way?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ