Re: [TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 04:47:01 -0400
On 5/12/2014 9:27 PM, Steve Maki wrote:
Sure everyone knows how to glue pipe together, and for short straight runs it's easily doable, leaving aside the issue of sealing the ends.

Being somewhat more than a little lazy, I prefer to do long runs out of the trench. Generally I find the lay of the trench and conduit rather arbitrary. Certainly not precise except at the ends of both. I assemble the conduit to one side of the trench, "modeling" the trench with the ends only slid together in such a fashion as to be a bit adjustable and sealed at the final installation. I lay plastic along the trench, lay the pipe on the plastic with overlaps included. There's no need to mark ant pieces except those to be cut as the female pieces are already factory marked. I'll spend an hour to save 5 minutes worth of work. I did say I was lazy!<:-)) http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm Last 6 photos show how I do it whether long or short runs. The only difference is whether they are glued or not.

73

Roger (K8RI)