[TowerTalk] Need help identifying another crank up mast

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need help identifying another crank up mast
From: "Jim Pruitt" <wa7duy@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:46:07 -0700
I again need help in identifying a crank up mast. The base section is about 6" od and appears to be steel. Each section including the base is about 5ft long. There are 4 sections total. Each section cranks up and down using a sawtooth strip and a gear. Each section has its own square shaft for cranking up and down so they have to be done starting with the top section or it would be hard or impossible to get to after other sections are up. The inner tubes are thinner steel something less than 1/8" thick.

I am not that familiar with the various crank up masts other than the Wilson and the Tri-Ex US Towers. This one appears to be pretty old. The steel sawtooths are rusted. The clamp that holds it to the patio roof at the second section is rusted as is the steel bolt.

I have not seen one like it before and not even sure what to search for. Has anyone run across something like this before?

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY