Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor control cable connectors

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor control cable connectors
From: Ken Beals <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 21:58:17 +0000
You can buy the exact connector that MFJ/Hygain uses at Mouser. Much cheaper
than from MFJ. The metal plate and cable clamp on the bottom on the rotator are
pretty cheap direct from MFJ. Add a short piece of 8 wire cable and you can do
the whole conversion for under $20. Takes about an hour to replace the wiring
inside the rotator.

Needless to say I’ve done several conversions and it is well worth the effort.
Not as simple as your solution but it keeps the rotator in standard
configuration.

Ken K6MR