Re: [TowerTalk] : Yaesu G-800sdx rotor pinout

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] : Yaesu G-800sdx rotor pinout
From: "D. Drake" <daleaa1qd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 19:22:14 -0400
My G-800SDX manual shows a 7 pin connector on the
rotor. Yaesu actually glued a picture of the 7 pin
connector over the picture of a 6 pin connector
that the manual was actually printed with.  I
suspect that some time they switch from 6 to 7 pin
connector with the SDX versions and most likely
stayed with it on the DXA version.

Also the schematic in my manual shows the wiring
of the rotor and the controller connector pins and
it is wired   pin 1 to 1  etc.  pins 6 and 7
aren't used  on the 800 or the 1000.  Pin six is
used on the 2800 which is also wired pin 1 to 1
etc.

If someone is looking for the actual pin
arrangement it's probably easier to send a
picture.  It's on page 5 of my G-800SDX manual

Dale AA1QD

Message: 1