Re: [TowerTalk] Phillistran

To: "Ken Beals" <k6mr@outlook.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillistran
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 16:10:42 -0700
Sorry for your loss... But....

I would have wanted a new tower and beam anyway. The galvanizing on the tower was probably gone.

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Ken Beals
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2014 3:48 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com

The aforementioned fire victim was me. The 20 foot steel ends on the guys were of little help when the flames were 100 feet high. The tower was 80 feet, and everything on the tower that wasn’t steel was vaporized. The ground temperature around the tower was high enough to melt most of the spare aluminum stacked in the area.

A 50 foot tower next to the house was saved, but the plastic shroud on the cell repeater antenna at the top was melted.

Let’s just say this necessitated a complete station rebuild.

Ken K6MR